Prep Time: 30 mins Cook Time: 20 mins Total Time: 50 mins Serves: 4 to 5
- 200 grams white button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup heaped Basmati rice or 200 grams Basmati rice, soaked in enough water for 30 minutes
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced or 80 grams onion
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves + 1 inch ginger + 1 green chili, crushed coarsely in mortar pestle
- 1.5 to 1.75 cups water, for aldente texture add 1.5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt as required
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves
- Chopped Coriander (dhania patta)
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 inch cinnamon (Dalchini)
- 2 green cardamoms (Choti Elaichi)
- 1 black cardamom, optional (Badi Elaichi)
- 2 to 3 cloves (Lavang)
- 1 small to medium tej patta (Indian bay leaf)
- Rinse 1 heaped cup Basmati rice very well in water till the water runs clear of starch.
- Then soak the rice in enough water for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, drain all the water from the rice and keep aside.
- Slice the onions into thin slices
- In a mortar pestle, crush 3 to 4 garlic cloves + 1 inch ginger + 1 green chili and keep aside.
- Rinse, wipe dry and chop/slice the mushrooms.